Operator Licence Awareness Training (OLAT) Courses
- The Operator Licence Awareness Training course (OLAT) provides a comprehensive overview of the operator licensing regime.
- It covers the procedures and systems required to ensure operators comply with their legal undertakings.
- The Operator Licence Awareness course is often attended upon the recommendation of the Traffic Commissioner and is often a condition of obtaining or retaining an Operator Licence.
- Sometimes Operators attend prior to an interaction with the Traffic Commissioner in order to demonstrate their commitment to complying with the requirements of their Operator Licence.
- Other Operators see the course as the best method for ensuring that their Transport Manager and staff keep abreast of the requirements for running a compliant operation.
- The course costs £195+VAT for the first delegate. Additional delegates may attend at half price.
- The objective of the day is to give a comprehensive overview of the Operator Licencing requirements, whilst at the same time giving Operators the opportunity to discuss specific issues faced by their businesses.
OLAT Course Structure:
- Operator Licence System
- Operator Commitments
- Maintaining Online Records
- Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS)
- EU Drivers Hours
- Working Time Directive
- Workforce agreements
- Record keeping
- Driver Licencing
- Vehicle Maintenance (DVSA Guide to Roadworthiness)
- Road Traffic Management and Enforcement
- Dangerous Goods Movements (Road Haulage Only!)
- Speed Limits & Traffic Regulations
- International Aspects of Transport
- The Authorities & Public Enquiries
- Enforcement (DVSA and Police responsibilities)
- Dealing with the Traffic Commissioner
This 1 day course costs £195 + VAT for the first delegate, additional delegates may attend at half price. Upload 7 Driver CPC hours for an additional £8.75.
To book your course please visit our dedicated online booking website – Enterprise Course Booking.